Al Muller, currently serving as Immediate Past-President of Los Amigos Episcopales, visited El Salvador in March 2020 to work on the installation of his fourth school water system with a team of volunteers from Northeast Ohio.
Over the past few years, through donations received from throughout the Diocese of Ohio, we have been able to accomplish the following projects in the Diocese of El Salvador:
1) Provided funds to purchase a home adjacent to San Andrés school and convert it into five classrooms via our successful "buy a brick" campaign.
2) Established the Los Amigos Episcopales Clinic in Lourdes, El Salvador.
3) Provided bathrooms and a water system for the school and church at San Francisco de Asís.
4) Built a holding tank for water for the school at San Andrés.
5) Provided outside gym sets for several schools.
6) Provided hundreds of scholarships for students.
7) Provided earthquake and hurricane/tropical storm relief funding.
8) Initiated libraries for all schools.
9) Sent hundreds of Spanish books to expand libraries.
10) Provided musical instruments for a large band (Marty’s Pals Band).
11) Donated start-up funds for a women’s craft project at El Maizal as part of a Women's Empowerment Community Project.
In addition to our emphasis on raising funds for the church schools, we have been raising funds for the newly founded Diocese of El Salvador Seminary, established to meet the critical needs for additional priests. With the generous support of donors from throughout the Diocese of Ohio, we have been able to supply a classroom projector, four laptop computers, camera, books, dormitory linens, and operational funds.
- and much more –